If you’ve found this page through the Fictionary link, then you’re after a structural edit?
Your reasons can range from being a first-time author, through to a self-published veteran, even an agented published superstar. You all have one thing in common, you know you have a great story but you can't find the way to make your story shine, you are in unchartered territories and can't find a map.
But you are not lost, you have found a Fictionary accredited Story editor.
An editor using the Fictionary software can fully map your novel for you.
As a Fictionary certified editor, I will explore your Work-In-Progress, chapter-by-chapter, scene-by-scene, story-element-by-story-element. You will end up with a treasure map of sorts, full of actionable advice and a greater understanding of your Work-In-Progress.
The edit offered here is a macro edit. After all, this is to figure out how to make your story is as strong as it can be.
• configuration — structure — of your manuscript.
This tells you if your story is hitting all the right beats. This evaluation is the most crucial to understand, where you are at, and where your story could be.
• characters—goals, arcs, motion, Point of View amongst the mix
• plot—scene names, hooks, entrance types, anchoring amongst the mix
• settings—location, timing, the senses, weather amongst the mix
If copy-editing errors are repetitive issues, I will point these out to you, but those are not the focus of a story edit.
Regarding mid-edit issues, if I realise that there are issues regarding structural elements to your story, then I will recommend books or websites for you to read, whilst the edit is still being worked on.
1. Summary letter - high level evaluation of your story.
2. Notes - on a per scene basis
3. Inline comments
4. Inline change suggestion
5. Story Element Insights. I’ll fill out relevant story elements within StoryCoach that will help you revise your story.
6. A 30-day trial of Fictionary StoryCoach client account, where you can implement all the changes suggested. After the trial ends, you can decide to carry on with the account for $29 US a month.
7. A 2-hour zoom call, within 3 months of the finished edit.
When I have completed the edit, you’ll get an email with information on how you access your StoryCoach Client account.